Gerrarda C. O’Beirne, BDS, MSD
Dr O’Beirne received her dental degree from the National University of Ireland at University College Cork (U.C.C.) in 1989. She completed a one year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at U.C.C. in 1990 before entering private practice as a general dentist. In 1994 she received a Certificate in Periodontics at the University of Washington and a Master of Science in Dentistry in 1995. Dr O’Beirne is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and is an Affiliate Assistant Professor, University of Washington, Department of Periodontics.
Dr O’Beirne lives in Seattle with her husband John and son Rory.
- University College Cork, School of Dentistry, Cork, Ireland, 1989
- Periodontics Residency, University of Washington, 1992-1995
- Specialty Certificate in Periodontics, Master of Science, 1995
- Board Certified in Periodontics, Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology, 2001
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Board of Periodontology
- Member, International Team of Implantologists (ITI)
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Seattle King County Dental Society
- Advanced training in Implant Dentistry and bone grafting techniques
- Certified in Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics – Wilckodontics ™
Dental Community Oriented Activities
- Board of Directors Seattle King County Dental Foundation, 1996- 1998
- President Washington State Society of Periodontists, 1999- 2000
- Peer Review Committee Seattle King County Dental Society, 1997- present
- Costello Medal , awarded by the Irish Dental Association for best all Ireland 1989 dental student research
Efficacy of a Sonic toothbrush on inflammation and probing depth in adult periodontitis
J Periodontol. 1996 Sep;67(9):900-8.
O’Beirne G, Johnson RH, Persson GR, Spektor MD.
Shade selection for porcelain restorations.
J Ir Dent Assoc. 1991;37(3-4):78-9.
- Union Gospel Dental Clinic, Seattle
- Irish Heritage Club